Everyone, who is dreaming about great education and has a university in his mind to apply to should take seriously college application essay and dedicate a lot of time to creating a powerful one that will ensure the place at the educational facility of one’s dreams. We are familiar with a lot of examples where young people failed to become students in the chosen college as couldn’t submit an essay of appropriate quality. It is extremely important to choose the right topic, style, vocabulary to impress professors and save yourself a place.It should be noted that writing a college application essay requires responsible attitude and careful planning, therefore, we prepared a list of recommendations that every high school senior should pay attention to. As a rule, students are very concerned with the thought of preparing the college application essay, so here are tips on how to make the preparation process easier:
- Be concise and coherent, don’t go over 650 words as admission officer usually spends only few minutes per essay;
- Stay honest, don’t make up any achievements but be an individual;
- Accuracy is important. Make sure your grammar, punctuation is impeccable;
- Be careful with your humour. Use jokes only if they are appropriate;
- Provide sound reasons and justified arguments in your essay and think twice before choosing religion or politics as a topic for your paper;
- Make sure the chosen subject interests you and stay smart.
Top college application topics to guarantee admission
It is important to start your college essay planning in advance as you should think carefully which topic to choose. Make sure that it is not something trite or unfamiliar but your own revelation, something that interests you personally. Among most popular topics that are usually picked by seniors and offer to reflect about are:
- Outdoor activities based on personal experience. Here you are free to describe favourite sport, love of nature, any comical things that happened during a match. With a creative approach this could be an impressive essay.
- Personal challenged that shaped you as a personality or changed your perception of the world. Obstacles you faced in the past and the lessons you have learned from them are of great value here.
- Describing an accomplishment that you are proud of is another terrific idea;
- Failures and disappointments can also inspire on creating a powerful essay;
- People love food and no wonder that various exotic meals can be quite memorable. Meals can be also described a s background of a meaningful conversation you had with someone close;
- It is also interesting describing a person you admire and, without any doubts, we all have someone special in our lives to tell about.
With the right attitude any topic can be significant, so don’t waste any more time, make a plan and start working.