Soup. Soup. Soup. As soon as cooler weather hits soup is all I can think about. And let me tell you, Pinterest does not help. I’d seen The Recipe Critics Slow Cooker Chicken Tortellini Soup recipe floating around more than once and I knew I had to make it.. Problem is, I tossed my slow cooker a few months ago when I realized I hadn’t used it since I got my Instant Pot. Plus, who wants to wait 6 hours for a soup that looks that good?So I decided to try it out in my Instant Pot. I had no intentions of blogging it, but took some pictures along the way to show all my Facebook friends. Then I had my first bite and KNEW I had to share it, even though my pictures are ehhhh…
For this recipe it is very important that you follow the directions. If you put the tortellini into the Instant Pot with all the other ingredients and cook them together, you will have mush soup.
Toss everything into the Instant Pot, but the tortellinis. Put a big old pot of water on to boil for them.Set the Instant Pot for 8 minutes high pressure (so much better than hours, right?!). Cook tortellinis according to directions. Once the Instant Pot is done, quick release. Then remove the chicken and shred. I used a whisk because the chicken was falling apart.Add the tortellinis and serve immediately!
- 3 big boneless chicken breasts
- 1 small bag of carrots
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 32oz chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 packages fresh cheese tortellini
- Place all of the ingredients in the Instant Pot, except for the tortellini.
- Cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Cook tortellini according to directions.
- Quick release Instant Pot.
- Remove the cooked chicken and shred.
- Add chicken back to Instant Pot, stir well.
- Add tortellini to Instant Pot.